Dear Leonard Cohen passed away last thursday. He was one of my favorite songwriters. I had "I still have my dusty Song of Leonard Cohen Vinyl record. He just came out with a new album not long ago, I found it on Spotify and was playing it on repeat during my not-sporatic-enough long commutes. His song "You want it darker" seems like a prophecy. I think he knew he was going to
die soon, and listening it now after the results of 11/8, it feels like such a comment on America.
Listen to his new album when you get the chance, and all of his old ones too. His writing is beautiful, haunting, full of truth.
If you are the dealer, I'm out of the game
If you are the healer, it means I'm broken and lame
If thine is the glory then mine must be the shame
You want it darker
We kill the flame
If you are the healer, it means I'm broken and lame
If thine is the glory then mine must be the shame
You want it darker
We kill the flame
